Humans are on a continuous journey to better themselves. The steps of this journey to self-improvement aren’t easy. There are twists and turns. Falls and sprained ankles along the way. Progress is rarely linear. When the day gets tough and you are struggling to stay on track, these self-improvement quotes will help you maintain your focus.
1. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals. ―Brian Tracy
3. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. ―Ernest Hemingway
4. Growth is the great separator between those who succeed and those who do not. When I see a person beginning to separate themselves from the pack, it’s almost always due to personal growth. ―John C. Maxwell
5. Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you. ―Robin Sharma
6. Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. ― George Bernard Shaw
7. Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. ― William Faulkner
8. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. ― Jim Rohn
9. As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves. ― Mahatma Gandhi
10. He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior. ― Confucius
11. It is not as much about who you used to be, as it is about who you choose to be. ― Sanhita Baruah
12. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ― Paulo Coelho
13. Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you.
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
― Albert Einstein
15. Those who seek a better life must first become a better person. ― Jim Rohn
16. Self-knowledge is the beginning of self-improvement. ― Baltasar Gracian
17. When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points. ― Confucius
18. The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. ― Carl R. Rogers
19. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ― Jim Rohn
20. Do your best, and be a little better than you are. ― Gordon B. Hinckley
21. How noble and good everyone could be if, every evening before falling asleep, they were to recall to their minds the events of the whole day and consider exactly what has been good and bad. Then without realizing it, you try to improve yourself at the start of each new day. ― Anne Frank
22. We first make our habits, then our habits make us. ― John Dryden
23. You must have a level of discontent to feel the urge to want to grow. ― Idowu Koyenikan
24. Until the end of time, a winning positive attitude will always conquer all struggles, challenges, and obstacles. ― Edmond Mbiaka
25. I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, ‘Where’s the self-help section?’ She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. ― Steven Wright
There you have it. Remember that personal betterment is a life long journey. Perfection is never achieved. Just try to be a little better today than you were yesterday. When you close your eyes at night do so with a feeling of satisfaction that you did the best you could today. Hopefully, these 25 self-improvement quotes will help. Good luck.